Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Dead Will Tell by Linda Castillo

 



I almost didn't read this book. I'm glad I did, though, because I'm always looking for a good mystery series to read. A big plus for this one is the setting, which is not one I'm that familiar with.

This is the 6th in the series about a female police chief in Amish country. Formerly Amish herself, Kate Burkholder investigates a murder and opens up a large can of worms involving many of the Plain people. The author really puts you in Kate's head, as well as those of other key characters. There is some crazy stuff going on, but despite my low threshold for thrillers, I was able to handle it. I sort of saw the end coming, but there were definitely some surprises.

It seemed to me that it would be a lot easier to get into the book knowing Kate's back story. I would recommend reading these in order - which is what I look forward to doing.

Reviewed by: Lorien Goodale

No comments:

Post a Comment