Wednesday, May 8, 2013

In Sickness and in Health by Barbara Kivowitz and Roanne Weisman




This book is written for couples in which one of the partners becomes ill, disabled, or dies. It addresses the changes in the relationship which occur. Each chapter follows two or three couples and illustrates the various issues couples might have to deal with. I found it practical, well-written, and compassionate. The diversity of the couples was great, and the many ways each handled the changing dynamics in their relationships was well-analyzed. There are thoughts from experts in aging, dying, and spirituality included in appropriate places. It's a book that I will keep on my shelf, because inevitably I will eventually need it, or my husband will. It would also be helpful for family members trying to help and/or understand.

Reviewer: Lorien Goodale

No comments:

Post a Comment