Monday, July 25, 2011

By His Majesty's Grace by Jennifer Blake

I had heard of Jennifer Blake before. While I don't usually pick up books in this genre, I thought I would check it out. I was pleasantly surprised. The writing is decent, and the historical setting (late 1400s) interesting. At the start of the book we are introduced to Lady Isabel, a young woman who has no reason to like the idea of marriage - especially when she is ordered willynilly to travel to her husband's home and wed him at not much notice. As the book goes on, we are introduced to her two younger sisters, and other interesting characters. I enjoyed seeing the other side of things as well- Lady Isabel's spouse to be, Randall Braesford tells his perspective too. Although some of the story is predictable, it is pleasantly so, and there are some twists and turns in the plot. Overall, not bad at all. Perfect light entertainment to while away an afternoon.

Reviewer:  Lorien Forrest

No comments:

Post a Comment